An innovative, enterprising, local Essex based charity that delivers support where needed most – in the heart of the community. We are forward-thinking and fast-paced. Our work is challenging and the environment can be pressurised but… we enjoy it!
We work together, we support each other and we celebrate success. We invite you to be part of InterAct.
Promoting creativity and empowerment InterAct is dedicated to improving the emotional well-being and opportunities of young people and young adults with disabilities, primarily learning disabilities/difficulties and autism, and individuals, families and communities who experience barriers through disability, challenging mental health, other disadvantage and social difficulties.
We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to fulfil their life aspirations. We work in local communities across Essex promoting inclusion, increasing participation and independence.
The main focus of our work – improving the emotional well-being and life opportunities for:
- Teenagers/young people/young adults with a learning disability and additional needs, and their parents/carer, focusing on supporting the whole family
- People who experience barriers through disability, challenging emotional and mental health issues, other disadvantage and social difficulties
We offer opportunities activities which:
- Focus on the individual
- Promote choice and independence
- Build on strengths abilities/empowerment
- Focus on outcomes – improving life chances, aspirations and achievements
- Strengthen communities
- Connecting people with people and with local and wider communities enabling them to join in
- Increasing disability awareness
- Promoting and encouraging volunteering
- Reducing isolation, increasing participation, inclusion and independence
- Promoting good mental health and changing attitudes to mental health and learning disability
We seek to help people at different stages of their life: learning, leisure, work, health and wellbeing, particularly at times of transition during these stages, when help is often needed most.
We believe that most people have the strength to overcome their difficulties – no matter how complex.
We believe ‘helping people to help themselves’ to increase their knowledge, choice and empowerment, builds their resilience, enabling people to cope with life events and to help others.