Where individual's, families, children, young people and communities have increased choice to make informed decisions about their lives, enabling them to fully participate in their community and society, and to reach their full potential.
Who we are
InterAct – Promoting creativity, inspiring and empowering people to make positive progress and live a happy and fulfilling life. Based in Chelmsford, Essex we work in partnership across Essex and wider afield across the UK.
Communities in which our interdependence is valued, and where we work together to include the excluded and to create a fair world’. Equality, diversity and inclusiveness define InterAct’s vision, emerging as fresh, living practice in day-to-day operations.
OUR MISSION – Improving Lives and Communities through Learning, Leisure, Sharing and Support champions people to have increased choice to make informed decisions about their lives, empowering them to fully participate in their community and society, and to reach their full potential. We support people to actively participate in their communities and lead fulfilling lives. To be able to ‘do more’, and need less support - with a common theme of "helping others to help themselves".
To achieve our vision we:
- Actively promote choice, inclusion and opportunity through providing a range of high
- quality, person centred community services and training
- Support people to build better lives - encouraging empowerment and resilience,
- increasing confidence, reducing isolation and loneliness, focusing on individual needs
- and striving to achieve long term sustainable change
- Help vulnerable people be informed through support services, community training,
- brokerage and signposting
Through the provision of these services we seek to make a demonstrable contribution to the lives and wellbeing of children, young people, adults and communities.
Our Values underpin all that we do:
- Inspiring - we are creative, encouraging and ambitious
- Non-discriminatory - we respect and embrace the diversity of the communities in which we work
- Trustworthy - we develop trust and strive for people to fulfil their potential
- Empowering - we help people to help themselves
- Responsive - we meet the changing needs of people and communities
- Accountable - we base our work on the needs of the people we support
- Commitment - we are committed to providing quality, person-centred services
- Together - we work in partnership with people and with other organisations to support people to make significant changes in their lives