Group Activities Volunteer
As a volunteer for Group Activities you will work closely with InterAct staff and other volunteers to support young people with learning disabilities and additional needs. This could be in the form of a variety of community based activities, for example meals out, going to the cinema, trampolining or bowling. Your encouragement and support will enable members to develop important life skills, allowing them to become more confident and independent.
Opportunities this role will give you
- A chance to develop new skills and knowledge regarding young people with learning disabilities/additional needs
- Being a valued member of our team
- Meeting new people
- Adding value to your CV or UCAS application - we can provide references if required
- A sense of achievement, knowing you are giving back to your community
- Volunteering flexibly around your other commitments
Days and times
Group activities take place one evening a week for approximately 2 hours.
Group activities run during term time in Basildon, Braintree, Chelmsford, Colchester and Tendring. We also run a programme during school holidays. Please contact us for full details.
- To encourage and support people to develop skills and reach ambitions
- Assisting InterAct staff with activities
Skills, Experience, Qualities Needed
- Reliable, punctual and dependable
- Patient and caring nature with good communication skills
- Ability to relate and empathise with young people with learning disabilities
- A non-judgemental attitude
- Commitment to supporting the aims of InterAct
- Adhere to InterAct’s Policies and Procedures
Training and Support
You will receive learning disability awareness and safeguarding training plus on‐going support from InterAct.
Out‐of‐pocket travel expenses will be reimbursed.
If you’d like more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01245 608 333
Back to Volunteering Opportunities