About the role
As a volunteer gardener, you are interested in supporting the development of the garden and grounds of the Aspire Centre at Moulsham Mill. Tasks include pruning, weeding and planting, and general maintenance of the garden. In addition, the role may require mentoring and supporting other volunteers and vulnerable people when they come to the Aspire Centre to learn how to dig, weed, sow seeds, plant and grow to improve their life skills.
- To work undertake gardening activities including pruning, weeding and planting when necessary
- To ensure gardens and grounds are kept in good condition
- To help with planning and development of garden and grounds, where appropriate
- To work within the guidelines of Health and Safety in the work place
Opportunities this will give you
- Opportunity to meet new people
- Being a valued member of the team
- A sense of achievement, knowing you are giving back to your community
- Volunteering flexibly around your other commitments
Days and times
Flexible ‐ currently the volunteer gardening group meets on a Thursday between 10am and 1pm.
Skills, Experience, Qualities Needed
- An experienced and confident gardener
- Reliable, punctual and dependable
- Patient and caring nature with good communication skills
- Commitment to supporting the aims of InterAct
- Equal opportunities and health & safety
- Ability to relate and empathise with young people with learning disabilities
Training and Support
You will receive learning disability awareness and safeguarding training plus on‐going support from InterAct.
Any out-of-pocket travel and other relevant expenses reimbursed.
If you’d like more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01245 608 333
Back to Volunteering Opportunities