About the role
As a volunteer gardener you will be experienced at gardening and willing to support the development of the garden and grounds of the Aspire Centre at Moulsham Mill. Tasks will include pruning, weeding and planting, and general maintenance of the garden. In addition, the role may require mentoring and supporting other volunteers and vulnerable people when they come to the Aspire Centre to learn how to dig, weed, sow seeds, plant and grow to improve their life skills.
- To work in the garden, undertaking gardening activities including pruning, weeding and planting when necessary.
- To help maintain the gardens and grounds within the budget restrictions.
- To ensure gardens and grounds are kept in good condition.
- To help with planning and development of garden and grounds where appropriate.
- To work within the guidelines of Health and Safety in the work place
Opportunities this will give you
- The chance to take on your own project
- Opportunity to meet new people
- Being a valued member of the team
- A sense of achievement, knowing you are giving back to your community
- Volunteering flexibly around your other commitments
Days and times
Flexible ‐ to be discussed and agreed on an individual basis depending on your availability and our requirements. Ideally the role will be share by a pool of volunteer gardeners.
Skills, Experience, Qualities Needed
- An experienced and confident gardener
- Reliable, punctual and dependable
- Patient and caring nature with good communication skills
- Commitment to supporting the aims of InterAct
- Adhere to InterAct’s Volunteer Policy and Procedures with a particular focus on safeguarding, confidentiality,
- Equal opportunities and health & safety.
- Ability to relate and empathise with young people with learning disabilities
Any out‐of‐pocket expenses reimbursed (as long as receipts are provided)
Please contact Susie Nankivell, Volunteer Development Co‐ordinator, on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01245 608333 for more information and to request an application form.
Back to Volunteering Opportunities