Support Worker: Short Breaks Group Activities
As a Volunteer Support Worker for Short Breaks Group Activities you will work closely with InterAct staff and other volunteers to support young people with learning disabilities and additional needs. This could be in the form of a variety of community based activities for example, meals out, cinema and bowling. Your encouragement and support will enable members to develop important life skills, allowing them to become more confident and independent.
Opportunities this role will give you
- A chance to develop new skills and knowledge regarding young people with learning disabilities/additional needs
- Being a valued member of our team
- Meeting new people
- Adding value to your CV
- A sense of achievement, knowing you are giving back to your community
- Volunteering flexibly around your other commitments
- We can provide references and testimonials to future employers if required
Days and times
Each group meets one evening a week for approximately 2 hours.
Depending on where you live, days you must be available are:
Monday – Chelmsford
Tuesday – Colchester & Basildon
Wednesday – Braintree
(Every other) Thursday ‐ Tendring
- To encourage and support people to develop skills and reach ambitions
- Assisting InterAct staff with activities
Skills, Experience, Qualities Needed
- Reliable, punctual and dependable
- Patient and caring nature with good communication skills
- Commitment to supporting the aims of InterAct
- Adhere to InterAct’s Volunteer Policy and Procedures with a particular focus on safeguarding children and young people, confidentiality, equal opportunities and health & safety.
- Ability to relate and empathise with young people with learning disabilities
Training and Support
You will receive safeguarding and learning disability training plus on‐going support from InterAct for this role.
Any out‐of‐pocket travel expenses reimbursed (as long as receipts are provided)
Please contact Susie Nankivell, Volunteer Development Co‐ordinator, on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01245 608333 for more information and to request an application form.
Back to Volunteering Opportunities